Skip to main content

The Story, Excerpt from My Magazine

 

Dear Friends,

I find myself in bed again with Lyme’s Disease. I’ve been in bed since October 21st, and I just spent two weeks in the hospital. We went to the ER to try to get treatment for a migraine that started at the beginning of October. When I initially started having a headache, I went to the chiropractor and got adjusted and a week and a half later, my head still hurt. I went back, but the adjustment only made my headache worse, and I was losing the ability to function normally.

I finally went to the doctor and got some medications to try to stop the headache, but they only made it worse. I hit the weekend and I could no longer get the shot for migraines, and the pain was just getting worse. We headed to the ER. Mom requested a test for Lyme Disease, and it came back positive, indicating a new infection of Lyme. We started a course of antibiotics immediately, using IV treatment, and I remained in the hospital to continue to try to pursue causes and remedies for my headache. After two weeks in the hospital, there was nothing else they could do. The IV antibiotic treatment was complete, so I came back home.

At the hospital, I had two MRIs, a CT scan, and a lumbar puncture. We originally thought I had Lyme meningitis, but all of the tests came back clear. I currently just have Lyme disease. I wait to get well, which may take quite a while.

As many of you know, I spent 8 months of 2022 in bed with Lyme disease the first time, and it is quite scary to be facing the same problem again so soon. I am working at accepting being sick in bed again, after only just over a year being out of bed and gaining my strength back. It is hard to watch my life disappear and spend the days in bed with severe fatigue and chronic pain. At the time of writing this, it has been four weeks in bed now, and I am not any better than I was before. I do not know how long it will take to get well, but I trust I will be able to learn new lessons and rest in the deep love of God.

I do not know what treatment and intervention we will look into, but I know it will take time, which will have to be okay. I would appreciate prayer for endurance as I experience high pain all day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wordy Benefits

  I think writing is really a good idea. I do it all the time and nearly every day. Scratch that. I write every single day, even if it is just copying a Bible verse. There isn’t a day I don’t pick up a pen or tap on my keys to string coherent letters together. But different kinds of writing produce different results.  When I write for my newspaper, I am presenting new-to-me facts in a way that is (hopefully) understandable and interesting to the reader. I do not include my opinion in the articles as far as I know, and I am not basing much or anything of what I write on my personal experience. While my writing ability has dramatically increased in the last nine months of writing for the newspaper, I am not ashamed of the first articles I wrote, since there isn’t any opinion.  When I work on the magazine, I have a specific genre to stick to. I am not teaching, but I am, to my best ability, sharing what I have learned and what I think about it. Because Deep Encouragement is about en

A Picture

  Crashing waves Cloudy sky Puddle.  Softest silt Dancing bird: Footprints.

Finding Life

       Life is never predictable, but the goodness of God is. Life will throw you curve balls, but the grace of God will catch them while you get there. Life may splinter into a million shards, but the Rock of our Faith will hold us when everything else falls apart. Dreams may shatter, but the presence of God will become tangible so we know His love is not a dream. The peace of God is greater than the roar of present circumstances. The mercy of God is stronger than our frail, human faith. The blessings of God are present and animate when life seems to have taken a bad turn. To find God in the moment I must LIVE IN THE MOMENT.           This is not a cliché. It is a possible reality. Living in the moment means telling God when I am afraid. It is responding to His touch, even when His touch seems painful. Living in the moment is allowing God to restore, allowing God to bring His healing when I still want to struggle. It is allowing God to work when I don’t feel like I am able